- Proven leader with extensive marketing, branding and licensing experience
- Innovative and creative problem-solver
- Skilled strategic and tactical planner
- Successful builder of brands and customer-focused relationships
- Agile developer of new products and implementer of new business strategies
CEO, MPACT Solutions LLC, Greensboro, N.C. 2009-Present
- Serves as in-house training company for Burlington Industries.
- Owns proprietary online skill assessment for identifying technical skill gap for maintenance technicians and machine operators
- Products used by community colleges in North Carolina, Texas and Virginia.
- Other clients include: Merck, Sara Lee, Smithfield Foods, Pfizer, Bridgestone, Campbell’s, Goodyear, Polo, Revlon, Abbott, Corning, Burt’s Bees, Blue Buffalo, Harland-Clark, Celgard, LP, Mann Hummel.
Owner/CEO, GMA Marketing Inc., Greensboro 1998-2009
- Specialized in strategically-driven merchandising/marketing programs, account-specific marketing, branding, new distribution and licensing.
- Clients included: McNeil (Tylenol), Johnson & Johnson, Black and Decker, Master Lock, Huffy Sports, Bemis, Sara Lee, Sargento Cheese, Bain De Soleil (Pfizer), Kelly Rightsell Designs, Spontex, Unilever, Alexander Julian, Bristol Myers Squibb, Procter and Gamble and Dial.
New product strategy
- Developed and executed a new product strategy for RONCO, including reviewing more than 100 new product concepts and executed agreed to concepts.
- Instrumental in bringing the concept of an Alexander Julian’s design label, Alexander Julian at Home to Lowe’s; the DeWalt license to Pal Publications; and Century Furniture license to Bosquema Teak.
Regional and national marketing programs.
- Established strategic framework for new product development — from market assessment and viability analysis to project development, coordinating national and corporate involvement.
- Restructured marketing/sales organizations to ensure proactive planning and execution of marketing.
- Developed and implemented marketing strategies focusing on growing profitable sales.
- Created promotional and distributor support programs designed to drive profitable sales without compromising distributor compensation plans.
- Participated in sales and marketing leadership meetings assessing issues.
- Traveled extensively to work with marketing/sales personnel, ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of overall corporate vision, branding and marketing plans within licensing nuances.
Account-specific marketing and merchandising
- Responsible for development and implementation of more than 2,000 account-specific marketing programs addressing merchandising, branding and retail pricing for a variety of clients and retail outlets.
Vice president, sales, marketing/branding/merchandising 1992-1998
Mars Advertising, Greensboro and Southfield, MI
- Developed comprehensive marketing plan for introduction of new products.
- Undertook market analysis and opportunity evaluation for new products and the repositioning of existing brands.
- Created product line positioning strategy for products to be introduced nationally under the umbrella of established consumer brands.
- Developed team to secure prestigious accounts such as Dial, Sara Lee, Nestle, Black and Decker, Levolor and Pfizer.
- Developed and executed concert tours and NASCAR events.
Director, Marketing/Merchandising, Unilever, Greenwich, CT 1981-1991
- Helped invent and launch Vaseline Lip Therapy, the No. 1 selling HBC product in the U.S. and winner of prestigious Esty’s Best Creative Award.
- Managed existing skin care business and new product development.
- Responsible for $100 million in brand budgets.
- BBA, Business Management, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
- MBA Finance (partially complete), Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois
- Advanced studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts